Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding deposit – A maximum of one week’s rent
- Security deposit – Five weeks’ rent, rising to six week’s rent when the annual rent is in excess of £50,000
- Lost Keys – Tenants are liable for the cost of replacing any lost keys or security device, including a change of lock or replacement of device if required.
- Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) – £50 To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)- £50 per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
- Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)- Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy