DDS Estate Agents is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data and complying with the European General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and we will comply with any future changes to the legislation. Your personal data is provided for the purpose of selling or purchasing a property, letting or being a tenant of a property.
We DDS Estate Agents may collect some or all of the following personal data. This information is collected when you apply through our website, during visit to branch office, in email or over the phone. This may include: Full name, date of birth, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, business name, job title, profession, employment status, bank details (for billing information, transaction), national insurance number, nationality, forms of identification (passport, driver’s license), gender information (if you choose to provide this to us). We may require immigration status from the related documents e.g. if you are a prospective tenant applying for a tenancy for a property.
Under the GDPR 2018, we must always have a lawful and legitimate basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. You have consented to the use of your personal data and because it is in legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for following purposes:
- Referencing you and carrying out Right to Rent checks.
- Information to enable us to undertake Anti money laundering, credit risk reductions, debt collection, other fraud and crime prevention purposes and terrorist financing electronic checks on you.
- Communicating with you on matters relating to the tenancy. This may include responding to emails, letters, texts or phone calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email, post, telephone or text. In line with GDPR 2018 policy and protocol, we are required to advise you that your telephone numbers will be used to communicate with you in relation to the tenancy but also to deal with maintenance and repairs.
- Your telephone numbers will be passed on to maintenance contractors who will liaise with you to organize appointments and access for works that are required.
- To deliver our products and services and share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our property services for you.
- To manage how we work with other companies that provide products and services to us and our customers
Any personal data will be stored and processed in the U.K. All data is stored on our servers and office computers where a password would be required to access and are firewall control. Data that is stored on paper or forms are locked away when not in use and disposed of securely by document shredders. If we have given you a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of your data on our system you are responsible for keeping it confidential.
You may opt-out at any time by simply contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 02085741555, 02088431333 or DDS Estate Agents 28 Norwood Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4DL.
To give you the best service we would like you to be in control of your personal information. You can do so by the following:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- Right to have your personal data corrected; if its inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to withdraw your consent by emailing at email@example.com
- Right to ask for a copy of your personal information that we hold about you
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to inform us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes
We may need to collect personal information by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you. The information that you provide to us is required to provide you with our services. If you choose not to provide us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us to provide you our services. This may also delay the progress of a sale, purchase or letting of a property.
Information provided under the performance of this Agreement may be shared with the Landlord and other Agents, credit and referencing agencies, Local Authorities, utility and water companies, Police, our legal representatives, solicitors, and mortgage lenders, maintenance contractors, utility switch over companies, chartered surveyors and estate agents. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following period of six years, as determined by reference to the Limitations Act 1980, for the purpose of exercising or defending legal claims. DDS Estate Agents may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
We hope that we will be able to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. If you wish to make a complaint on how we have handled your personal data you can contact us by writing to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or DDS Estate Agents, 28 Norwood Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4DL. If you are still unsatisfied with how we handle your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner`s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 03031231113.